Pages

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Shopping Deals for Today (so far!)

I dragged Jonas out to lunch and then to Target, Walgreens, and CVS. If this pattern continues, he'll surely grow to hate those stores. By CVS he was beyond sleepy. He was good except for at Walgreens, he kept throwing my items out onto the floor. Hard to discipline in the stores...lol. Those buggies are so small that he can reach almost everything I put in there. So, I let him chew on the Nyquil for a while...ha ha!

Here are some deals I got...and hopefully you can scoop some up too! (Please note: Most of the time, these deals are good because of a register reward (RR) from Walgreens, an Extra Care Buck (ECB) from CVS, or a gift card "rebate" (instant though) from Target. So sometimes it just gives you a jump on a future purchase, so I look at it as a discount now. If you choose to count it as a coupon later, it will change the final outcome. For the record, I am on week 2 of these deals, check your local sales flyer for more details. I am just learning, and the biggest thing to learn is to get the right SIZE/PRODUCT and to have extra coupons handy!) Best of luck to you...maybe you can do better than I do! :)

Stop #1: Target
First Transaction:
1. Orbit Gum 3 pack = $2.00-$1 off coupon (Printable at www.coupons.com)= 3 packs of gum for $1!
2. Orbit Gum 3 pack = $1.77 - $1 off coupon (printable, see above) = 3 packs of gum for $.77! :)
3. Scrabble Slam Card Game $5.24 - Coupon $4.00 off (Coupon found on www.coupons.com, just click and print)= Final cost $1.24 plus tax (what a great gift!)
4. Sorry Revenge Card Game $5.99 - Coupon $5.00 off (Coupon found on www.coupons.com, just click and print) = Final cost $.99 plus tax
5. Pictureka Card Game $5.99 - coupon $4 off (Coupon found on www.coupons.com, just click and print) = Final cost $1.99
6. Baseball Card inserts: (this made my total go up...needed them for coupons!) $9.99
7. Rubbermaid Ice pack (monkey shaped for Jonas!) $2.99 (no sale...impulse by)
8. Rubbermaid Ice packs $.94 (just needed them!)
CHECK THIS OUT!
9. Venus Embrace $6.99 - $2 coupon (Sunday Paper) & when you buy a Venus razor, get a FREE Oil of Olay Body Wash (5.49 value) - use coupon in Sunday Paper! Final cost=$4.99 for a razor and a Body wash
10. Venus Embrace $6.99 - $2 coupon (Sunday Paper) & when you buy a Venus razor, get a FREE Oil of Olay Body Wash (5.49 value) - use coupon in Sunday Paper! Final cost=$4.99 for a razor and a Body wash
BUT THAT'S NOT ALL! When you buy 2 Venus Razors, you get a $5 Target gift card! So I got 2 Venus Razors ($14+ value) + 2 Oil of Olay Body Washes (10.98 value) for $10 - $5 gift card, so in essence I got all four items for $5, $1.25 an item!!!! :D (See I count the gift card as a discount even though you have to use it for a future purchase, you might not look at it that way. Its all money no matter how you look at it personally!)

So with tax and all - I spent $34.58 (I saved $37.97) plus I have a $5 gift card for this next transaction:

Second Transaction:
Purchased:
1. Scrabble Slam Card Game $5.24 - Coupon $4.00 off (Coupon found on www.coupons.com, just click and print)= Final cost $1.24 plus tax (what a great gift!)
2. Sorry Revenge Card Game $5.99 - Coupon $5.00 off (Coupon found on www.coupons.com, just click and print) = Final cost $.99 plus tax
3. Richard Scary Book + Sailboat book = $2 (dollar section, for Jonas)
PAY ATTENTION HERE:
4. Fusion Razor $6.99 - $4 coupon (Sunday Paper--I had 4 of these in case you wonder about it) = $2.99
5. Fusion Razor $6.99 - $4 coupon (Sunday Paper--I had 4 of these in case you wonder about it) = $2.99
****They gave me a $5 gift card for purchasing 2 Fusion Razors (see sale flyer for details) so in essence, I got 2 razors for $6, and they gave me a $5 gift card, making the cost of TWO RAZORS equal about $1! And there are 2 cartridges per razor!!! :) What a steal!
6. Pictureka Card Game $5.99 - coupon $4 off (Coupon found on www.coupons.com, just click and print) = Final cost $1.99

Total came to $7.76 with tax and all, I used my $5 gift card from Transaction #1, and spent $2.76 out of pocket... :) PLUS I still have a $5 gift card! :) So for around $40 bucks, I got ALL that stuff, and I have a $5 gift card to boot! :) Yay for deals!


Stop #2 - Walgreens (this was a bit of a headache as I got the wrong sizes of a few things at attempt number one, but it worked out and you live and learn!)
1. Fusion Razor $8.99 - $4 coupon = $4.99 + they give you a $4 Register Reward for purchasing this, so in essence, I got the razor for $.99
2. Dove Men's Body Wash $5.99 - they give you a $5.99 RR so in essence, FREE
3. Joy Dish Soap $1.99 - coupon=$1 sale price-$.30 coupon = $.70 for dish soap!
4. Vicks NyQuil (sale) $4.49 - $1.50 coupon = $3 (Sunday's Proctor&Gamble ads)
5. Vicks NyQuil (sale) $4.49 - $1.50 coupon = $3 (Sunday's Proctor&Gamble ads)
6. Vicks NyQuil (sale) $4.49- $1.50 coupon = $3(Sunday's Proctor&Gamble ads)
7. Vicks NyQuil (sale) $4.49- $1.50 coupon = $3(Sunday's Proctor&Gamble ads)
8. Vicks VapoRub (sale) $4.49 - $1 coupon = $3.50(Sunday's Proctor&Gamble ads)
***When you buy $20 Vicks products you get $10 RR, so I got all those medicines for $15.50 - $10 RR = in essence getting all those for $5.50, $1.10 an item!! **Note, when Walgreens figures the total you purchased, it figures the "pre-coupon" price, so even though I got all the items for $15.50, it counted as over $20 for the RR program, make sense?
My total was $29.81 (I ended up with $20 RR though) saving $14.80 (again, counting the register rewards, saving $34.80)

Transaction 2 at Walgreens:
1. Whitman's Sampler $9.99-coupon = $4.99 (Walgreens flyer, limit 3)
2. Whitman's Sampler $9.99-coupon = $4.99 (Walgreens flyer, limit 3)
3. Rembrant Whitening (with a free toothpaste!) $21.99 - in flyer coupon = $9.99 - $5.00 coupon from www.Rembrandt.com = total cost $4.99 (not bad for whitening + toothpaste!)
4. Aluminum foil $1.19 - in flyer coupon = $.59
5. Joy Dish Soap $1.99 - coupon=$1 sale price-$.30 coupon = $.70 for dish soap!
6. Joy Dish Soap $1.99 - coupon=$1 sale price-$.30 coupon = $.70 for dish soap!
7. Joy Dish Soap $1.99 - coupon=$1 sale price-$.30 coupon = $.70 for dish soap!
8. 3 Musketeer Candy Bar (I had to buy something else to use all the coupons I had, Walgreens limits coupons to one coupon per item you buy so I needed a filler item)
9. Dove Men's Body Wash - $5.99 (supposed to print out RR, but didn't so I returned this on transaction 3)

(((Just realized they overcharged me...aahhh!!)))
After using the $20 register rewards, I spent $6.01 on transaction 2.

Transaction 3 -
Returned Dove Body Wash
Purchased Rembrant Whitening $21.99 - in flyer coupon = $9.99 - $5.00 coupon from www.Rembrandt.com = total cost $4.99
They had to give me $.72 back! :D


Stop 3: CVS
1. Fusion Razor - $8.99 -$4 coupon=$4.99 ($4 ECB issued, so like getting for $.99)
2. Cheerios (4 boxes) BOGO sale, so $4.59 + $4.49 = $9.10 - four $.75 coupons = $6.00 for four boxes ($1.50 a box)--Jonas' snack! :)
3. People Magazine...Duggars were on the front (impulse buy)

Spent $16.41 and have $4 ECB for next purchase (so in essence again, I got all that for about $8.50)

So that was our morning, Jonas was too fussy to go farther, so home we came for a nap. Later, we might hit Target again w/some more coupons...I heard there is some free yogurt there...lol. I also might do the Venus/Oil of Olay deal again. Later, we'll go to Kroger to get some meat on sale (need chicken? Tyson Chicken breasts are $1.99 lb again). :D

No comments:

Post a Comment