Pages

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Shades of Blue

Just thought I'd share a quick book review.  I recently read Shades of Blue by Karen Kingsbury.  I was on a KK kick of reading for a while, now I am taking a break and reading "The Last Song".  

Shades of Blue is a about an ad excecutive who is about to marry the girl of his dreams, his boss's daughter.  Before he can tie the knot, he feels the need to make ammends with an ex-girlfriend who he had dated, and gotten pregnant, and taken to get an abortion.  I won't ruin the whole plot or outcome for ya, but I loved reading this pro-life book that really nailed it about what those who had abortions must be experiencing afterwards--the girl and guy too.  A really cool part is that the book was set at Holden Beach, NC where my grandparents lived while they were alive...so I felt like I knew the place I was reading about.  It was neat!  The book is a bit like a  play on that song by Tim McGraw, "Red Rag Top".  Remember it?  If you like Christian fiction, I definitely recommend this book! 

No comments:

Post a Comment