Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hair today, What tomorrow?

Today (the today I am referring to was actually yesterday since it is after midnight as I type this update!) was an unusual day in history.  Today was August 9, 2010.  More popularly written, today was 8/9/10.  That won't happen again for another century!  Of course next year there will be a 9/10/11, but that sequence will only last until 12/13/14 as there is no 13th month! :)  What great wedding dates these will make!

So what great thing was done today on 8/9/10?  Well nothing major for me, but today was fun.  Jonas slept reeeeeaaaalllly late.  He slept until 10:30.  I got lots of laundry done, and then we both got hair cuts.  He was so cute roaming the salon while I got mine colored and cut.  I probably won't do that again, as I had little control over what he was getting into, but he was cute bringing me different colored rollers and hair products, and business cards, etc.  I am really surprised by now he doesn't do better at getting his hair cut.  He's had more than a dozen in his lifetime, but he still squirms.  A dum dum sucker saved the day and distracted him.  I knew I better hurry out the door when my child decided to lay down on the floor (not in defiance, just like he was going to take a nap) right under another (very sweet, Jonas friendly) hairstylist named Dale.  She was so kind to not be annoyed with him.  She must be a momma. :)

After I got home I think I did 8 or 9 or 10 loads of laundry on 8/9/10...lol! :)  It really did seem like that many!  It was more than one mountain to tackle.  I kind of let it slip on me, as I am trying to share my washer time with our missionary friends who are camped out back.  :)  We love having them here, it is constant company and entertainment, but I am getting behind.  Must do work tomorrow...lettering a HUGE trailer and going to an appointment.  Yipppeeee....well, not really that exciting.

Jonas was outside with everyone before dinner and saw the Eden's dog.  It was so cute how clearly he said "Coda".  :)  Their nickname for their dog, Dakota.

Tonight for supper, we had 8 or 9 or 10 guests for dinner...lol!  Really it was 10 guests.  The Edens ate with us, the Jeffcoats, and Pastor and Mrs. Brenda.  I fixed some of those hamburger steak packets (with potato, onion, and carrots in them) for dinner, along with corn (frozen from the garden last summer), peas, mac and cheese, and rice krispie treats...I couldn't find anything else to make for dessert.  I completely forgot to cook the bread.  The mac and cheese was borderline too cheesy.  I overcooked the potatoes in the packets, and I somewhat burned the corn.  To top it off, I did make a small peach cobbler, and after taking out all the pans of hamburger steak, put it in the oven to bake.  But I turned off the oven, and forgot to turn it on.  So needless to say, dinner wasn't up to my high standard I set for myself, but my lovely, kind, and maybe lying guests didn't have any complaints and were gracious enough to say that everything was delicious.  I hope there was some fraction of truth to it! :)  Hey, it was free food they didn't have to cook.  And I have sub-par equipment to work with.  :)

Enough excuses....

Jon was a big help tonight with Jonas.  And then he even agreed that I could go out for a girls night.  We went late so kiddos would be in bed.  I really enjoyed the girl time.  I haven't done that kid-free in a really long time.  I think it is important and hope to do it more often.  I love my son, and I love solo dates with Jonathan, but we should make more time like this for friendship.  We got to go to a late showing of Eclipse, which I've already seen, but still loved the second time.  Its like you pick up more details the second time.  (Or unfortunately hear more cuss words...oopsy!)  I really love that series and enjoyed time out with my friend!  What a great way to end the epic day, 8/9/10.

 So there you have it folks, nothing major happened today, but it was fun, and if I had to do it over again, I hope that it turned out much the same.  Great haircut, great food, great friends.  Life is good...and I'm counting down to birthday week...27 here I come!

What will tomorrow hold?  Not sure, but if it is like today, I'm sure there will be lots of surprises.  I know for sure that folks will start arriving at church at 6 am to vote.  Hope to not be up that early. :)  Good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment