Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

A soft answer...

I struggle with my response sometimes. Usually this is aimed toward my husband or Jonas. I'm not proud of it, but I realize there are others out there like me. That have a shorter fuse toward those we care for the most. Well, Jonas is much like I am in his personality. Strong natured first born. Sometimes loud and stubborn. I find more often than I'd like to admit that I am getting on to him. And not always in the kindest way possible. I've been specifically praying this week that God would help me respond to him in the right ways. Especially when he is being repeatedly disobedient (reminding me of the children of Israel). Well it has really been a burden. I don't want to "snap" or yell or nag or fuss. I want to have effective soft discipline. You know, those quiet, discreet moms you see that softly almost inaudibly tell their kids something and their kids obey? I want that. I want a peaceful demeanor. Especially in public. I don't want to be one of those ladies you hear screeching across Walmart uelling at their kids (or hubby) I don't want eyes of pity directed toward my kids because their mom embarrasses them in public. Unfortunately I am loud and gaudy and shorter fused than I'd like. So this is a huge prayer request.

Anyways. The reason I am sharing all this is because I seriously just started "praying the verse" about having a soft answer that turns away wrath. I didn't know the reference or anything. Then after I finished my John study for the day and prayed I decided to read the Proverbs for today (chapter 15). First verse, "A soft answer turners away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger." How cool is that?!?!?

Who says God doesn't guide us in even the little things? Like showing us just what to turn to in our Bibles!

:) just thought I'd share one of my more personal struggles and how awesome my God is! Have a great "soft answer" kind of day!

No comments:

Post a Comment