Pages

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I actually did some projects!

Here is a frog card that I completed last week. This was my first attempt using prismas and odorless mineral spirits. It has a "chalking" effect, like when I use soft pastels for visuals. The OMS kind of erases the pencil strokes. Hopefully those odorless vapors won't be too toxic. :)
Sorry I haven't mastered the whole taking pics of my project thing. I think I need a new surface. The picture doesn't do the colors justice. The greens are very happy! :) I like 3-D embellies too...and ribbon. I used my new Cuttlebug machine to emboss the green mat.


This is my fav of the night...I finally got a house mouse stamp. I've been admiring them on the Cricut messageboard on others' cards. I used the "Magic Pencil Coloring" Technique as described above. OTHER NEW THINGS about this card are the distressed edges on the yellow embossed paper (yes, I did that with Cuttlebug) that I used my new edge distresser on, the Yellow flowers are new, the stamp of course is new, my most recent aquisition is the yellow "bling" in the center of the flower. They have come to be known as "skittles" on my mb since "SillySkittles" (a member) introduced us to them. They are perfectly adorable, flat on one side, round on the other. AND they are cheap, $2 for a whole bag (hundreds!). Of course I now own every color. :) LOL! Hope you like the cards! Haven't decided who they are for or what sentiment to put on them. I will put something cheesy on the yellow one, like "You're Un-bee-lieveable" or "Bee-utiful Friendships"...LOL!


No comments:

Post a Comment